Practically everyone has experienced a meaningful relationship in their lifetime, which suddenly gets broken off because your boyfriend wants more space. There are countless reasons why your boyfriend may say he wants space, including family problems, insecurities, or even a fear of commitment. The following are five tips for answering the age old question: “how do I get my ex back if he needs more space?”
- You don’t have to swallow your pride and let him control you, or admit that you are wrong, just because you love him and want him back. Play a little hard to get at first so he realizes that it was his loss too, and that he needs you as much as you need him. Showing some pride and a sense of self worth is sometimes all that is required to bring him running back to you.
- If you know that your ex boyfriend still has feelings for you, start conversations with him. In order to keep arguments or drama to a minimum, keep the conversations short and simple. Short bursts of unobtrusive conversation will let him know you still care, while giving him some space and giving him time to work through his problems.
- Once he starts conversing with you more, you can try reminiscing about the good times you had together. While rekindling a relationship with your ex boyfriend, you want to stay away from the bad experiences, arguments or other problems with your relationship. Unpleasant things that happened in the past should be left there.
- If your ex is not responding to your subtle advances, you need may have to accept the inevitable. Either he really doesn’t want to be with you anymore, or he does actually need space. If this is the case, you should give that to him. But if he is progressively showing more interest in you than he had before, or he is slowly warming up to you again, you should continue doing what you have been. Keep communicating without pushing his boundaries to see where the relationship will end up.
- If your ex boyfriend is giving you the green light, and you feel the timing is right, try opening your heart up to him. Tell him how you feel, tell him how much you care and still love him without sounding needy or desperate. If he hints that he is considering getting back together, open up. But if he is signaling in another direction, of if you aren’t sure yet, it’s best to step back and let things happen as they are meant to.
These are just the first steps toward getting your ex boyfriend back. There are many other important things to do, like resolving conflicts you had with him in the past.
Relationships can be difficult at times, and something that you must continually work on both individually and as a couple. However, just as they can be challenging, remember that they can also be very rewarding. Download my free ebook and videos, and discover the steps you need to take to help get my ex back. If you use these resources, I think you’ll see that they’ll help you to Get Boyfriend Back.